Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Some jobs listed may have multiple openings. Please click on the job title for more information and to apply.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
The Child Watch Attendant provides quality care to children 12 weeks to 8 years of age who participate in the child-watch while their family is using the facility. The Child Watch Attendant is expected to emphasize member service, character development, mission statement, and to work with membership retention and promotion.
The Lifeguard is to oversee the safety of members and program participants of the pool areas. The Lifeguard is also responsible for informing and serving YMCA members and volunteers in a premier fashion. They are expected to emphasize member service, character development, the mission statement and to work with membership retention and promotion.
To apply for a lifeguard position, applicants should hold a current lifeguard certification from an accredited organization (ASHI, Red Cross, Ellis, etc.). If you need certification or recertification, you may qualify for a discounted YMCA Lifeguard training. If interested in YMCA Lifeguard training, please contact Sadie Birchard, Sr. Program Director for Aquatics at
- Email: SadieBirchard@KansasCityYMCA.org
- Text: (816) 300-0539
- Call: 816-300-0539
Other YMCA employment benefits:
- Receive ongoing training and recertification
- Receive Free YMCA membership to all YMCA gyms
- Work flexible schedules
- Receive opportunities for career advancement