The YMCA of Greater Kansas City has a unique leadership opportunity available. With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, we are committed to strengthening communities. The Olathe YMCA is dedicated to providing our community with quality programs and services addressing youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Under the direction of the Executuve Director the Aquatics Director is responsible and accountable for all aspects of the aquatics department at the Olathe YMCA. This position is expected to emphasize a high level of risk management, member service, character development and the mission in retention and promotion of the Y.
Amenities at the Olathe Family YMCA include:
- Develops the annual operating objectives and plans assigned program responsibilities. Monitors the achievement of these objectives and exercises appropriate action to assure achievement of the objectives.
- Prepares the annual income and expense budget for the Aquatic Department and assigned area responsibility administers the budget and exercises necessary controls to assure operations are carried out in a balanced fiscal position.
- Design and maintain a diverse schedule of revenue generating activities, classes and programs for all members and participants of all abilities and levels.
- Responsible for overseeing pool maintenance, operation: including chemical checks, cleaning, permits, etc. Monitor daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Able to perform duties of lifeguard, water fitness instructor, swim coach or swim lesson instructor as stated in corresponding job descriptions.
- Conduct lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid, CPR, and Administering Emergency Oxygen trainings based on current certifications.
- Be responsible for injury/accident reporting procedures.
- Serve as a Risk Management Specialist at your center, including the development and supervision of departmental Emergency Action Plan.
- Must notify appropriate staff of any unsafe conditions, needed repairs, complaints, accidents, or injuries immediately.
- Champion Aquatics program quality promises
- Responsible for entire human resource cycle of all aquatic staff (recruit, hire, train, supervise, and evaluate), including current knowledge of all areas of training and certifications as well as YMCA of Greater Kansas City associate handbook.
- Attend community functions and events to promote the Y, its mission and programs.
- Must provide direction and lead all staff at your center including the coordination and facilitation of regular in-service staff meetings.
- Assist in YMCA fund raising activities and special events including the accomplishment of all departmental Annual Mission campaign goals.
- Attendance of Community Mission Board meetings as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Develop and implement retention and sale initiatives for all aquatics programs and members.
- Insure all program operation is consistent with association procedures, including emergency, insurance, accident, purchasing, and personnel and accounting systems. Develop policies and procedures for specific program efforts as needed.
- Participates as a member of a total team in the responsibility for the administration, promotion and operation of the appropriate center activity participants accordingly in such projects as assigned, as well as staff training’s and meetings, core program teams and special events.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Olathe YMCA also Offers:
- Cardio and strength-training equipment
- MoveStrong™ functional training equipment
- Two indoor pools
- Group exercise and water fitness classes free to members
- Walking track
- Kids Zone
- Outdoor sports court