Under the supervision of the Healthly Living Director and in accordance with the Christian mission, character development and values of the YMCA, the Nutritionist is responsible for working with YMCA members and community participants on a one to one basis or small group training. The Nutritionist is also responsible for informing and serving YMCA members and volunteers in a premier
fashion. He or she is expected to emphasize member service, character development, the mission statement and to work with membership retention and promotion.
• Must support the mission of the YMCA of Greater Kansas City and promote the character
development values Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
• Work one-on-one (or small groups) with members and community participants.
• Maintain safety by following YMCA and national certification guidelines.
• Maintain attendance records and reports.
• Be a team player with all staff.
• Must notify appropriate staff of any unsafe conditions, needed repairs, complaints, accidents, or
• Must participate in special events and fundraising activities.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Goals and Results
• This position will contribute to the overall YMCA mission of building strong kids, families, and
• Assist in strengthening relationships with community resulting in member’s ownership and
participation in services unique to their needs, knowledge of the four core values and a positive
perception of the YMCA.
• Assist in an integrated staff development process resulting in instructors taking advantage of
opportunities to expand personal professional development, creating an investment in staff with
the outcome of staff retention and community participation.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Associate’s degree in health related field of study or equivalent.
• Four-year degree preferred.
• National accredited certification in area of interest.
• Current First Aid and CPR.
• Current license (as needed).
• Minimum of one-year experience in this or a related field.
• Must be able to relate to people on all levels in a friendly and consistent manner.
• Must be able to reflect a positive attitude.